News Releases

Rutledge Praises Damages Ruling for Victims of Do Not Call Registry Violation


May 8, 2018

Says, ‘Companies need to be held responsible for breaking the law’

LITTLE ROCK - Some Arkansans could be eligible for more than $1,200 from Dish Network. In a ruling earlier this year, a federal judge in North Carolina found Dish liable for multiple violations of the Do Not Call Registry, and the judge has ordered the company to pay $1,200 to consumers for each violation.

“Dish knowingly violated the Do Not Call Registry and have now been ordered to pay,” said Attorney General Rutledge. “Companies need to be held responsible for breaking the law, and I am pleased the judge has sided with consumers.”

Attorneys could soon begin reaching out to consumers directly, and Arkansans should know that this is not a scam. Consumers can search for their phone number here to check eligibility for payment from Dish. If eligible, Arkansans must file a claim with the company by June 18.

Contact Us
Sign Up For Consumer Alerts