The Attorney General is only able to respond to questions posed by certain State officials and county election commissioners about their official actions and duties (Ark. Code Ann. § 25-16-706).
The Attorney General ensures that interlocal cooperation agreements meet certain legal requirements (Ark. Code Ann. § 25-20-101, et seq.).
The Attorney General provides an opinion within three days on matters related to Freedom of Information Act requests for certain employee-related documents. The FOIA permits the custodian, person requesting such records or subject of the request to ask the Attorney General whether the custodian’s decision to release or withhold such documents is consistent with the FOIA (Ark. Code Ann. § 25-19-105(c)(3)(B)).
The Attorney General is prohibited under the law from giving official opinions to local officials, private citizens or private entities.
Issued 134 opinion requests
Reviewed popular names and ballot titles for:
- 18 constitutional amendments
- 13 initiated measures
- 2 referendums
- Issued 138 opinions
- Reviewed popular names and ballot titles for 7 constitutional amendments
- Issued 133 opinions
- Reviewed popular names and ballot titles for 44 constitutional amendments
- Issued 142 opinion requests
- Reviewed popular names and ballot titles for:
- 38 Constitutional amendments
- 7 Initiated acts
- Certified popular names and ballot titles for 5 measures